Eyelid Surgery Video – Amea May Patient Case Study – Melbourne
This blog contains excerpts from Amea’s Eyelid surgery video links attained from one of the most popular You Tube Videos for Recovery and Surgery Scars after Blepharoplasty (Plastic Surgery Video Diary) Covered by Australia’s social media influencer and cosmetic/beauty blogger, Amea May. Originally published 12 Feb 2018, last updated 20 November 2018.
Upper Blepharoplasty Surgery Video:
- Amea May chose upper eyelid reduction surgery to REDUCE genetically heavy eyelids that caused irritation and skin infections.
- Heavy lids also lead her to appear tired and older than she actually was (she was in her twenties).
- Her ptotic eyelid skin led to heightened allergic responses when wearing certain eye area makeup, due to eyelid laxity/chaffing.
- Patient was in good health and followed Surgeon’s recommendations including Post-Op Rapid Recovery Package protocols.
- Click here to read about Medicare and Eyelid Surgery rebates if you meet strict criteria.
Amea May – social media / beauty blogger aged in her twenties. Regularly publishes informational videos and v-logs about Melbourne-based beauty treatments and facial injections and non-surgical cosmetic procedures. Amea’s Channel
Note: Complex cosmetic surgery such as eyelid surgery is best performed by an expert Surgeon, who understands the sensitive anatomy and functional impact of eyelid surgery on eyes, eyelids and vision.
One of Australian’s top Beauty Blogger, Amea May, and her eyelid surgery experiences.
Before and After Photos – note the difference in eyelids after surgery.
In Melbourne in 2016, one of Australia’s top Beauty Bloggers (a social media influencer) wanted eyelid surgery – but when she went to investigate the healing times, she found too little information on the web about RECOVERY from Blepharoplasty and what was actually involved in the procedure. So she contacted us to find out more. She chronicled her experiences in eyelid surgery video.
Frequently asked questions about having upper eyelid surgery include:
- Pain levels: “does having Blepharoplasty hurt?“
- Scars and Sutures: “is getting your stitches removed after surgery painful or uncomfortable?”
- Natural vs Surprised: “will the results look natural or will I look startled or surprised?”
- So in today’s blog, we are sharing experts and links from Amea May’s V-LOG of her eyelid experiences.
*Note. Amea is a social media Ambassador who aims to help others better understand what it’s really like to undergo a cosmetic surgery procedure. She has published several V-LOGS of her eyelid surgery experiences (links are shown below).
Part 1. My Eyelid Surgery Consultation | Patient Diary
Part 2. My Eyelid Surgery 1st Weeks of Recovery | Cosmetic Blepharoplasty Diary by Beauty Blogger Amea May
Part 3. My Eyelid Surgery Stitches Come Out | Patient Diary
Part 4. My Eyelid Surgery 5 Month Check-In | Patient Diary
Having Blepharoplasty Surgery at Cosmetic Surgery for Women and Men
- The first step to having cosmetic surgery – of any type – is a consultation with a Surgeon.
- She has since become an educator/Ambassador for Coco Ruby Skin & Anti-Ageing and for patient education about consultations. Click on each video link, below, to review these aspects of Amea May’s Blepharoplasty surgery in her informative educational VIDEOS about her cosmetic surgery journey.
- Eyelid lift surgery is not relegated to individuals over forty, whose eyelid skin is sagging or impeding vision. People in their 20s and 30s also explore their Eyelid Lift Surgery options (officially known as a Blepharoplasty) because they inherited puffy eyelids or sagging, drooping eyelid skin. Such was the case of a young Social Media influencer, Amea May, who created a patient education series on her experiences with having Eyelid Surgery (Eyelid lift/Blepharoplasty).
We pride ourselves on helping patients understand what’s really involved with having a cosmetic surgery procedure. We take patient education about cosmetic surgery seriously; and we hope you do, too. This means we encourage patients to DO research (homework) – as well as to ask pertinent questions – to better understand procedures and recovery times.
Some important aspects of having ANY form of cosmetic surgery include understanding the surgery risks, healing times and recovery processes – as well as the different types of Surgeons who perform these complex procedures.
To be a well-informed cosmetic surgery patient – and to help with your plastic surgery research – we suggest:
- SENDING us an Enquiry to request further information (click on the ENQUIRY form, below)
- REQUESTING one of our FREE GUIDES to Cosmetic Surgery for the procedure you’re researching
- PHONING us to ask about the different TYPES of Surgeons who perform surgery (these are also covered in our Blog on What to Expect and in our Plastic Surgery Guides)
- ATTENDING one of our FREE information evening events
- CALLING us on (03) 8849 1444 to ask about booking an initial consultation (a first cosmetic surgery appointment) with one of our Facelift or Eyelid Surgery experts.
- ASK your surgeon questions
READ MORE about what happens during a consultation – find out more about what to expect during a First Cosmetic Surgery Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon (article link).
Please phone us on (03) 88491 444 to schedule a consultation OR request a PROCEDURE GUIDE (Free). You’re also very welcome to attend an event (free, held monthly) but be sure to verify WHICH Surgeon’s are presenting, as different Surgeons present at different Events.
Resources for eyelid surgery procedures and recovery tips
Cosmetic Surgery FAQ Videos are available
Surgery Recovery Tips – Eyelid surgery (opens in a new tab) – for more online recovery research.
YouTube Case Study and Patient Diary about eyelid surgery recovery, sutures, scars, initial fears and pain levels (discomfort) after having Upper Blepharoplasty in Melbourne (Australia)
Download Our Guide to Blepharoplasty Surgery (Eyelid Reduction)
For more information about Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery options and research in Australia.
Download our free guides or phone us and ask for a no-obligation consultation.
Further Reading about Eyelid Surgery
- Find out more about: