Top Bodylift Plastic Surgeons for Excess Skin Reduction after Massive Weightloss
- Have you lost a significant amount of weight and now have loose skin?
- Looking for a specialist plastic surgeon to help remove excess skin?
- Want to find the BEST Bodylift surgeons near you?
Are you looking for the leading Bodylift, Arm lift or Body Contouring Surgeons?
Patients who have had significant weightloss usually want to remove their excess skin. Whether through Bariatric Sleeve Surgery or successful dieting, exercise alone will not fix major skin laxity problems. After the weight & fat has gone, many patients find that exercise only helps so much. Their skin has stretched and now needs to be removed by skin reduction surgery. They start their search for the best bodylift surgeons to plan their new body. The great news is that the money they can now save on reduced food bills and buying takeaways (Maybe $10,000 per year) can be put towards plastic surgery and body contouring.
After significant weight loss, patients usually want to remove layers or rolls of excess skin and saggy flesh all over the body. There is a range of plastic surgery operations that can help in different parts of the body.
Popular Types of Body Lift Plastic Surgeries – Excess Skin Removal Surgery
In massive weight loss patients, there can be a lot of plastic surgery and stitching required to remove rolls of excess skin located all over the body
- Upper Body Lift – Breasts and Arms reduction
- Lower Body Lift – Tummy and/or Legs reduction surgeries
- Full Body Lift – Upper and Lower together ( can be 8+ hrs of surgery) or other combinations of priority areas
- Tummy Surgery – 360 Lipectomy, Fleur De Lis or FDL Surgery, Vertical Abdominoplasty, Extended Abdominoplasty, Belt Lipectomy
- Back lift – Excess rolls of skin from the Back
- Breast Reduction or Reduction Mammoplasty or a Breast Lift
- Additional Liposuction for some minor areas of fat reduction
- Some patients start with Arm Lift only – some do Thigh Lift last or not at all
What to look for when choosing a TOP BODYLIFT PLASTIC SURGEON
- Always choose a Specialist Plastic Surgeon with significant expertise in excess skin removal for massive weight-loss patients. There are plenty of plastic surgeons – find an experienced one.
- Always Look for a FRACS Qualification and Membership of ASPS or ASAPS – which are the societies for Specialist Plastic Surgeons.
- Ask to see their portfolio of ‘before and after’ patient photographs to judge the quality of their work and stitching techniques.
- To judge the quality of their professional reputation, patient relationships and aftercare – Look at their online reviews by typing in the name of your surgeon and the word ‘reviews’ or ‘bad reviews’
- Pick a BIG Hospital for the surgery – These bodylift surgeries can be both life-changing and potentially life-threatening so look for a surgeon who operates in a bigger accredited hospital with a good emergency back-up plan. The surgery is long – 4, 8, or 10 hours in theatre – depending on the surgery being done.
- Don’t risk going overseas for surgery – it’s a big operation and you need local support. Several Australian patients have died as a result of botched overseas bodylift surgery in Malaysia and Thailand. It’s a BIG serious operation with a long recovery – NOT a ‘2 week holiday on the beach’.
Who are the BEST Bodylift Plastic Surgeons in MELBOURNE, VICTORIA?
Here are Specialist Plastic Surgeons in Melbourne with expertise in Body lift surgeries to remove and reduce excess skin after weight loss
- Dr Patrick Briggs Specialist Plastic Surgeon – Hawthorn VIC
- Dr Geoffrey Barnett – Hawthorn VIC
- Dr Carmen Munteanu – Mitcham VIC
- Dr Robert Sheen – Ballarat VIC
- Dr David Ross – Brighton VIC
- Dr Morris Ritz – Malvern VIC
- Dr Dean Trotter – Richmond VIC
Who are the BEST Bodylift Plastic Surgeons in SYDNEY, NSW?
Here are Specialist Plastic Surgeons in Sydney with expertise in Body lift surgeries to remove and reduce excess skin after weight loss
- Dr Amira Sanki – Sydney South NSW
- Dr Robert Drielsma – Bondi Junction, Sydney NSW
- Dr Rohit Kumar – Leichardt, Sydney NSW
- Dr Gavin Sandercoe – Sydney NSW
- Dr Jake Lim – Sydney NSW
- Dr Tim Papadopoulos – Sydney NSW
- Dr Jeremy Hunt – Sydney NSW
- Dr Nick Moncrieff – Newcastle NSW
Who are the BEST Bodylift Plastic Surgeons in GOLD COAST, QUEENSLAND?
Here are Specialist Plastic Surgeons in Gold Coast with expertise in Body lift surgeries to remove and reduce excess skin after weight loss
Who are the BEST Bodylift Surgeons in BRISBANE, QUEENSLAND?
Here are Specialist Plastic Surgeons in Brisbane with expertise in Body lift surgeries to remove and reduce excess skin after weight loss
Who are the BEST Bodylift Surgeons in PERTH WA ?
Here are Surgeons in Perth with expertise in Body lift surgeries to remove and reduce excess skin after weight loss
Who are the BEST Bodylift Surgeons in the WORLD?
Bodylift surgery after massive weight loss has benefitted from the exceptional techniques and skill developed by these experts. They are at the forefront of Bodylift, Abdominoplasty, and Arm lift procedures. Every bodylift patient should be grateful to them for their research efforts and sharing their knowledge at surgeon conferences and in medical publications.
- Dr J Peter Rubin – Pittsburgh USA
- Dr Joe Hunstad – North Carolina USA
- Dr Dirk Richter – Wesseling, Germany
- Dr Jean-Francois Pascal – Lyon, France
- Dr Al Aly – Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
A Checklist of things to look for when choosing the best Plastic Surgeon for your bodylift and skin removal
- Choose a Plastic Surgeon (Not a Cosmetic Surgeon or Doctor) that has significant experience in your particular Procedure – preferably an experienced private practice surgeon
- Ask your Doctor or Medical Professional you trust for a referral to a specialist
- Ask any Friends who have had plastic surgery or weightloss surgery for their advice too
- Check out ‘word of mouth’ from past patients and referrers of your surgeon
- Read their online reviews and look for many credible reviews – Check Surgeon Reviews online – Search Surgeon “reviews” and Surgeon “Bad reviews”
- Read Online Patient Forums (Be sceptical)
- See their similar Patient B & A Photos online
- DON’T just choose your surgeon on BEST PRICE, BEST PACKAGE DEAL or CHEAPEST SURGERY – You can always use your super fund to help pay for surgery rather than risking your life.
Which is the BEST Hospital for Bodylift Plastic Surgery?
What to look for in a hospital for your bodylift surgery – A checklist for choosing the right hospital
- Choose a Big Accredited Hospital with emergency Backup Plan
- Well-Equipped Surgical theatres with modern equipment
- Accredited, clean and sterile theatres
- Professional Surgeons choose to work there (they have Medical Standards Committee)
- Caring Experienced Competent Nurses & Long tenure staff that speak your language and can support you (fewer agency staff)
- Sterilising CCD onsite to reduce risk
- High patient experience rating
- Nice rooms, Good Food & Service
- Easy and accessible parking
- Great First impression on arrival
- Fair hospital pricing for patients
- An Australian Hospital in a group of hospitals
- For more information about post massive weight loss surgery
- For more information about Plastic Surgeons for Excess Skin Removal
- Email or Phone us for a FREE copy of our Excess Skin Removal Guide for massive weight loss patients.