Obesity is currently at epidemic proportions.
Current Obesity Statistics:
- 1 in every 6 Australians
- 500,000 hospitalisations (2014)
- 46,000 deaths (2015)
- Associated to lack of proper diet & exercise
- Exacerbated by poor lifestyle choices
11th October 2017 is World Obesity Day.
We all need to take urgent action and support events like ‘Walk to Support World Obesity Day‘ to treat or prevent obesity, before the annual global medical bill for treating obesity reaches US$1.2 trillion per year by 2025.
Walk to Support World Obesity Day!
Sunday 8th October 2017 – Melbourne
RACGP Specific Interests Obesity Management Network is hosting a walk and morning tea to show its support of World Obesity Day (Wednesday 11 October).
Starting at the RACGP House (100 Wellington Parade, East Melbourne) on Sunday 8 October at 10.00 am, the walk seeks to highlight the health issues associated with obesity and the importance of the GP’s role in the care and management of people who have obesity or are above a healthy weight. Following the walk all participants are invited to stay for a morning tea.
Global Support for World Obesity Day 2017
Watch The Obesity Myth on SBS on Mondays from 4 September at 7:30pm on SBS On Demand
New Body Specialists
Get a new body with Australia’s Bariatric Surgeons, Dietitians and Nutritionists.
Further Reading about Body Surgery
- Find out more about:
- A Body Contouring Sydney NSW by Dr Jeremy Hunt,
- Body Surgery Sydney NSW by Dr Kernohan,
- Body Surgery Melbourne by Dr Craig Rubinstein,
- Body Surgery Melbourne by Dr Patrick Briggs,
- Body Surgery Melbourne by Dr Rebecca Wyten,
- Body Surgery Melbourne & Sydney Dr Richard Sackelariou,
- Body Surgery NZ by Dr Mark Gittos,
- Body Surgery Melbourne by Dr Carmen Munteanu,
- Or, Body Surgery Sydney NSW by Dr Scott Turner.